Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Training Ride: 1,000 miles in two days


I learned over the weekend that with gas stops and a quick lunch in Spokane, I live exactly 500 miles from my brother in Missoula. Living in Seattle means I have only seen pictures of the Road Glides Los Angeles Harley and Santa Maria Harley prepped for this race. As you can see from other pictures on this blog - they did an amazing job.

I wanted some seat time on the new 2010 Road Glide, so I rented one from a Harley dealer in Seattle for the weekend. I cruised to Missoula Saturday, and back Sunday. What a smooth bike! Before the training ride I thought this race from Florida to Alaska was going to be hard. Now I'm worried we've made it too easy on ourselves.... Maybe we should have gone for a couple XR1200's.

But the XR's don't have as much fender space so we couldn't have had our bikes' names "Black Betty" and "After Hours" stuck on there. Kevin - I call Black Betty! I called her - she's mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment